2013 By The Numbers:
Great Shape! served 6,895 dental patients in 2013 including those children in the Sealant Project. Additionally, 14,375 children received oral health education in their classrooms and 1,326 adults visited our nurses bringing the total served in 2013 to 21,270. Also:
• A total of 20,078 clinical procedures and exams were performed including:
o 6,895 exams ~ 2,486 cleanings
o 1,595 fillings ~ 3,727 extractions
o 1,605 sealants ~ 1,168 fluoride varnish applications
o 1,311 blood pressure checks and 1,291 diabetes screenings by the nurses
• A total of 21,930 toothbrushes were given away free to patients and students in the schools.
• 40 schools participated in our oral health education program.
• Over $2 million USD in dental services were provided free.
• Over $150,000 in supplies and equipment were donated.
• Some 320 volunteers came from 30 different states in USA, as indicated in blue below.