Beat the heat of the end of summer with this traditional Jamaican beverage. Made with Sour Sop fruit, it’s rich in vitamins B1, B2, and C. The fruit can also be eaten on its own after removing the skin and seeds.
1 ripe sour sop fruit
1 can of condensed milk
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tbsp. vanilla
4 cups water
Blender of hand mixer
1. Wash the fruit with water.
2. Remove the soft green skin, with you hand (just peel it off).
3. Place it in your mixing bowl.
4. Wash your hand thoroughly.
5. Break the fruit apart and remove all the seeds.
6. Place the seedless fruit in the blender along with your grated nutmeg, and vanilla.
7. Add water and blend until if forms a smooth mixture.
…If you do not have a blender you can mix the ingredients with a hand mixer.
8. Add condense milk and sweeten to taste.
9. The end result should be a nice thick creamy blend. Add water if it is too thick.
10. serve over ice cubes. Keep leftovers refrigerated.