18 year old Kayla Mildren shares with us her joys,challenges, and skills all in the first week of volunteering in Ocho Rios with SuperKids Project.
What are your 3 joy moments?
- Meeting the volunteers and children
- Getting a bread nut hill tie at the end
- Being thanked by the children for me coming
What 3 challenges did you have the first week in Ocho Rios?
- Confusing a period and a full stop
- The kids on Friday saying miss Kayla please don’t leave
- Working with a girl in 6th grade who wouldn’t speak
What are 3 new skills or traits you acquired or practice during your project?
- Working to make friends quickly
- Learning about the customs
- Finding out I love to volunteer and want to do it again and again and I want to come back next year!