501(c)(3), non-profit: facilitates humanitarian projects in the Caribbean.
More than 40,000 people benefit each year.
Over 700 volunteers every year: USA, Canada, Jamaica and beyond.
Launched into Service
Founded in 1988 in response to Hurricane Gilbert.
- Northern and Western Jamaica
- Saint Lucia
- Turks & Caicos
- Founded: Ashland, OR. Main office: Modesto, CA. Leadership: across the USA, Canada and Jamaica
- Schools we partner with demonstrate 40% literacy rate
- In rural Jamaica, there is only one dentist for every 100,000 people.
- There is only one public health eye care provider for every 250,000 people.
- We believe our purpose in life is to look after those in need.
- It’s great fun and deeply rewarding.
- Great Shape! is a volunteer based nonprofit that matches skills and talents with communities in need.
- Great Shape! partners with the Sandals Foundation, Ministries of Health and Education, and families from every corner of society to deliver meaningful solutions.
- YOU! — volunteer, fundraise, donate, Sponsor a Smile, Corporate Sponsorships, etc.
- The Sandals Foundation, Sandals Resorts International: logistics, accommodations, meals (pro-bono)
- Jamaican Ministries of Health and Education: strategy, infrastructure, collaboration
- St. Lucia Ministry of Health: strategy, infrastructure, collaboration
- First Book: donates thousands of books
- Souls4Soles: shoes and more shoes
- Patterson Dental: equipment, volunteers, internship program
- Let It Shine Media: internal and external communications (including PR & video production)
- Thousands of individual donors, sponsors and volunteers